Faithful to Apparel Sourcing Paris, Pakistan is attending since the very first edition, a nice way to confirm its leading role: in 2017, the country was the EU's seventh largest supplier of clothing and the fourth largest in textiles.
Emerging Pakistan, a government initiative that aim to promote the country's industry, will introduce us to Pakistan's beautiful offer embodied by 4 of its best factories:
- FMT Garments is specialized in manufacturing ready-made woven and knitted apparels. With over 400 modern machines for a total production capacity of between 180,000 PCs of garments per month, they have over 600 highly professional, technically sound and dedicated workforces
- Milestone Textiles is a composite unit specialized in manufacturing of Fleece Sweat shirts, Jersey T-Shirts And Pique Polo Shirts. Milestone has the capacity and expertise to handle a small order of 1,000 pcs, to a big order of a million units or more, thanks to 7 separate units with a combined capacity of 850 sewing machines and a workforce of over 2,000 dedicated employees
- Multan Fabrics PRIVATE ltd is part of the leading textile group in Pakistan (Mahmood Group), one of the most important player for delivering quality services in Pakistan as well as in the international textile market. They combined traditional craftsmanship with the latest technologies and research. Their garments product range includes Casual Wear, Outer Fitter, Sleep Wear & Sports Wear
- Noor Leather Garments produces garments for men and women. With a production capacity of 300,000 leather garments per year, Noor Leather has been delivering classic leather garments along with hand worked, washed, vegetable tanned and chrome free leather products for the last 3 decades. Moreover, the company holds various social compliance certifications and has an annual audit to ensure production facility are approved by the international community in addition to meeting standards.
Paksitan’s textile industry:
- Provides employment to about 15 million people, 30% of the country workforce of about 49million
- Constitutes the majority of the country's exports (more than 60%)
- Enjoys a central position in the exports of Pakistan. In Asia, Pakistan is the 8th largest exporter of textile products
- Gathers 1,221 ginning units, 442 spinning units, 124 large spinning units and 425 small units which produce textile products
- Derives its competitiveness from the availability of cheap raw material, like cotton, a pool of skilled manpower and widespread ancillary support from dyeing, chemical and other industries.
- Has proven its strength on the world market over the past four decades